Walking Trails for Wagging Tails
April 28, 2017
ROSS’ Silver Spring apartment for rent offer plenty of nearby locations to get your pet outside and go on an exciting adventure!
Here are the top three trails that are sure to provide a unique, dog-friendly adventure:
- Rock Creek Trail – This long and winding path varies in width and takes you on a journey through the urban greenway of Rock Creek Regional Park. With its mostly wooded corridors, this trail proves to provide a very authentic outdoor experience.
User Review: “The Montgomery County, MD, section of trail is well marked and easy to follow. Enjoy the twisting, hilly ride through the woods. You won’t be disappointed!” – Sarah Snyder
- Sligo Creek Trail – You may want to bring your wet shoes on this adventure! This trail runs alongside beautiful Sligo Creek and has multiple footbridges crossing back and forth over the creek, which serve as breathtaking looking points. There are also picnic areas along this route for you and your furry friend to stop and take a water break.
User Reviews: “The twistiness of the trail is because of the numerous times the trail crosses Sligo Creek, which itself is quite lovely. All the bridge crossings are in good shape.” – Gerry703
- Northwest Branch Trail – Named after its route formation, the Northwest Branch trail follows the Northwest Branch of the Anacostia River for its entire course. This adventure really immerses you into the hiking atmosphere of dense woodlands. Near the trail’s mid-point at Adelphi Park is the site of the 1796 Adelphi Mill, which is the only surviving historic mill in Prince George’s County.
User Reviews: “Bottom line: this is one of the nicest trails in the area and if your bike is up to it, it is definitely worth it.” – Wolfg
For a few of ROSS’ pet-friendly apartments in Silver Spring, there’s a different kind of trail for a different kind of tail. This tail is linked to our feline friends only, and rather than a paved or wooded path, the trail is the route taken while following the puff ball on the end of a string or a shaking bag of cat nip.
Here are the top two places to get the most fun and engaging accessories for our friends who don’t require a leash:
- Club Wags – With food, toys, grooming, vitamins and supplements, cat litter and treats, this local pet store supplies all of your cat’s everyday needs. But the best part is, when life gets a little busy and you run out of time to get to the store, they offer free in-home delivery!
User Reviews: “Club Wags is amazing. I love going there; the people are very friendly and attentive, they are also knowledgeable.” – Kara H.
- Paw Stop – This locally owned business holds true to its title through their commitment to supplying the Silver Spring area with items specifically from local manufacturers. By doing this, Pet Stop is more knowledgeable about their products and is doing their part to help reduce environmental pollution. When you shop for your cat here, you’ll feel good knowing that you are contributing to a locally sourced business with a meaningful mission.
User Reviews: “It’s a cute little shop, with a really friendly owner…They have a great selection of natural treats.” – Libby F.
Plan your next adventure to be a tour of ROSS’ Silver Spring pet-friendly apartments for rent and discover the perfect place to live for both you and your pets!