The Sweetest Festival of the Season
November 18, 2015
Mark your calendars! Friday, November 20, through Sunday, November 22, the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival is coming to the Montgomery County Fairgrounds.
The Sugarloaf Crafts Festival is a highly respected event that offers a series of shows throughout the Mid-Atlantic area, with this weekend’s show being conveniently accessible from ROSS’ Laurel apartments! Simply hop on (ICC)/MD 200 toward Gaithersburg and you’ll arrive at the festival in just 30 minutes!
For over 30 years, the nation’s most talented artisans have personally sold their contemporary crafts and fine art at Sugarloaf Craft Festivals. Rated as one of the top craft experiences in the country, last year more than 175,000 visitors attended Sugarloaf Craft Festivals and enjoyed the work of thousands of juried artisans.
Here are five sweet treats residents of ROSS’ apartments in Laurel will enjoy at this year’s Sugarloaf Crafts Festival.
- 400 Top Artisans will be offering their masterpieces for purchase. Jewelry, baskets, sculptures, fine art, photography, pottery, glasswork and knits are a small sampling of the many categories artisans have come to display.
- Interactive Demonstrations include: wood turning, broom making, hand-built shaker boxes, wheel-thrown pottery, paper making, iron forging, jewelry making, Raku pottery and hand-carved wooden bowls and spoons. All classes will be led by the finest artisans in their fields.
- Live Music – There will be four performances each day from the Jazz Lobsters, offering up refreshing, upbeat standards of jazz and modern hits. Grammy-nominated recorder virtuoso David Young will also be playing the modern instrumental sound he calls “beautiful music” throughout all three days.
- Children’s Entertainment – “Middle Earth Studios has delighted children at festivals and fairs around the country for years with their repertoire of enchanting fairytales and puppet shows.”
- Specialty Gourmet Food – A variety of vendors will be selling an array of uniquely delicious foods, so be sure to stop by the gourmet concessions during the event.
Whether you finish up your holiday shopping, get the perfect piece of wall art for your living room or simply spend the day enjoying all of the remarkable works of art, the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival will prove to be an amazing experience.
Take that experience home with you to a community well-versed in the fine art of superior apartment living enhanced by the highest level of service. Come tour ROSS’ Laurel apartments today!