The Perfect Weekend Brew Tour for Alexandria Residents
April 28, 2017
Bikeable Brews is a fantastic organization that has mapped out craft brew establishments along the Washington & Old Dominion Trail in Northern Virginia.
Essentially, they’ve made it easy for trail users to find the perfect craft brew refreshment along their walk or ride. Luckily for residents of ROSS’ apartments in Alexandria, the W&OD Trail is easily accessible, meaning you now have the perfect weekend plans.
Here are the top eight places that are less than a quarter of a mile away from the W&OD trail:
- Caboose Brewing – A community-focused brewery and restaurant that is in the final opening stages and plans to start service within the next few weeks. This casual, kid-friendly Northern Virginia craft brewpub will be serving some of the finest farm-to-table cuisine.
Location: Just west of mile marker 12 at 520 Mill St. NE, Vienna, VA.
- World of Beer Reston – This tavern is serving up 50 craft beers on tap and over 500 bottled varieties, all of which are accompanied by a dynamite menu that pairs perfectly with any beer ordered.
Location: Between mile markers 18 and 18.5 at 1888 Explorer St., Reston, VA.
- Beltway Brewing Company – Beltway Brewing exclusively welcomes: partner brewing; contract brewing; production of private label beers; and from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m., beer drinkers looking to enjoy high-quality craft beer.
Location: Between mile markers 22 and 22.5 at 22620 Davis Drive, Ste. 110, Sterling, VA.
- Old Ox Brewery – This 30-barrel brew house is about as cycle friendly as they come, making it a great pit stop for all of ROSS’ Alexandria apartment They offer high-quality beer, a bike rack, air for any flat tires, bike tools for repairs, delicious food, water for rehydration and best of all, clean restrooms for an enjoyable pit stop.
Location: Between mile markers 25 and 25.5 at 44652 Guilford Drive, Unit 114, Ashburn, VA.
- Crooked Run Brewing – Serving up traditional ales crafted from local ingredients, founder Jake Endres has built Crooked Run Brewing from the ground up and is only moving forward with his vision. Currently, the brewery offers on-premise pints at the bar, flights and growlers.
Location: Between mile markers 34 and 34.5 at 205 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg, VA.
- Tuscarora Mill – In addition to their 21 taps, 30 bottles and two canned brews, this locally owned restaurant and bar is serving mouth-watering dishes to accompany your beer selection.
Location: Your next stop between mile markers 34 and 34.5 at 203 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg, VA.
- Fire Works Leesburg – Come for the broad selection of craft-brewed beer, daily tap rotations, seasonal favorites and over 100 bottled beer selections. Stay for a three-time award winning pizza! This gourmet pizzeria has won Leesburg Today’s annual People’s Choice Award for Loudoun’s best pizza three times and works with local farmers to incorporate the freshest ingredients into every award-winning pie.
Location: Your third stop between mile markers 34 and 34.5 at 201 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg, VA.
- MacDowell Brew Kitchen – As the 2013 Best Bar in Loudoun County, MacDowell Brew Kitchen offers a welcoming, laid-back, beach-side experience. Accompanied by its extensive beer menu and BBQ American cuisine, this is the perfect biking pit stop.
Location: Residents of ROSS’ apartments in Alexandria’s last stop between mile markers 34 and 34.5 at 202 B Harrison Street SE, Leesburg, VA.
Whether you have the endurance to make it all the way to mile marker 34 and hit four brews in one stop or you’re looking for a fun group activity that involves a little exercise, the W&OD Trail’s Bikeable Brews Guide leads to a perfect weekend activity for all of ROSS’ Alexandria apartment residents, as well as their families and friends.