Silver Spring: Where Kids Never Get Bored
July 16, 2015
Now that summer is in its peak, the rest is only a downhill tumble from here. However, we are quickly approaching that not-so-sweet spot towards the end of the summer break, where there just aren’t any more camps offered and you’ve already gone on your family vacation.
This USED to be a tricky time, when parents living at ROSS’ apartments in Silver Spring, MD would rack their brains, trying to think of exciting activities to do with their kids. NOT ANYMORE!
Here are the TOP 8 ways you can easily end your family’s summer on a high note AND keep your kids entertained during the non-summer-camp month of August:
- Enjoy the best ice cream in Silver Spring! Before summer ends, plan an after dinner trip to FroZenYo, voted Best Ice Cream in Silver Spring, to indulge in a sweet and refreshing summertime treat that is sure to be enjoyed by the whole group.
- Take them to the movies! With all of the kid-friendly blockbusters hitting the big screen this summer, score large amounts of “cool-parent points” by taking your kids to the one they’ve been dying to see.
- Create a masterpiece they can keep forever! At Color Me Mine “everyone is an artist!” There are four easy steps for this paint-it-yourself ceramics studio – “Step 1: You Pick It! Step 2: You Paint It! Step 3: We Fire It! Step 4: You Take It!”
- Explore the adventures of space! The National Air and Space Museum offers 10 different kid-friendly activities, making this an adventure ALL families will enjoy.
- Join the Zoo Crew! “This printable guide to the National Zoo contains fun activities for parents and kids to enjoy together.”
- Cool off at the Interactive Fountain! Every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Downtown Silver Spring opens their fountain for play, which provides hours of fun for the kids! But be careful and make sure you are following the fountain rules and regulations!
- Cheer on the Washington Nationals! If you grab a set of tickets for the Rockies game on Sunday, August 9, you have the opportunity of participating in Kids Run the Bases – an event where children ages 4-12 get the chance to run around the bases after the game!
- Plan a thrill-seeking day at the park – the amusement park that is! Six Flags America is only a 40-minute drive from ROSS’ apartments in Montgomery County and provides families with a wide variety of kid-friendly rides that cater to everyone!
Discover an area that offers residents access to a slew of summertime fun by taking a tour of ROSS’ Silver Spring apartments for rent; your quiet, well-behaved, totally tuckered-out children will thank you!