[Silver] Spring Is Nature’s Way of Saying Let’s Party! – Robin Williams
April 28, 2017
After a long, much-anticipated wait, all of the joys of spring have finally arrived! Just take a step outside, you’ll notice the blossoming foliage; the warmer weather – which improves everyone’s mood; the longer days – leading to more afternoon activities; and all of the fun springtime events are in motion.
What better place to celebrate spring than Silver Spring, a city that loved this season so much, they made sure it was included in their name?
To show their appreciation for the season, Downtown Silver Spring has arranged for a slew of events taking place just moments away from ROSS’ apartments for rent in Silver Spring, MD and walking distance from ROSS’ Red Line Metro apartments.
To get you started, here are six Downtown Silver Spring events to check out:
- FRESHFARM Farmers Market – Shopping for fresh and local products is closer to your ROSS apartment in Montgomery County than you thought. At this market, you’ll find a variety of cheeses, tree and field fruits, fresh vegetables, organic honey, farm-fresh eggs, meats, homemade pies, fresh-cut flowers, hand-made pastries and so much more. This is a great place to either do your weekly grocery shopping or gather the kids and spend the morning admiring the merchant’s booths.
Event Dates – Every Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., at Ellsworth Drive between Fenton Street and Georgia Avenue
- Fountain Season Opening Party and Community Day – This event celebrates the reopening of the Interactive Fountain and there will be lots of kid’s activities, fun giveaways and live music. There will also be an opportunity to support Silver Spring’s local organizations by learning about their missions and finding out different ways you can volunteer your free time.
Event Date – Saturday, May 13, from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Fiesta Asia – The 7th annual Fiesta Asia offers kids and adults an all-day glimpse into Asian culture through amazing performances, delicious food, fun crafts, interactive activities and shopping experiences! The Asia Heritage Foundation has partnered with Downtown Silver Spring and Peterson Company to make this day-long, fun-filled event possible.
Event Date – Sunday, May 7, from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Ellsworth Dr. and Fountain Plaza
- Lunchtime Lounge – Eating lunch outside is one of the most exciting breaks during a busy workday, because it gives employees the opportunity to get out of the office and enjoy some fresh air. Downtown Silver Spring has chosen to make this experience even more enjoyable by launching a Lunchtime Lounge, where they will provide live music for everyone to enjoy during their lunch break. If you are interested in exactly which band will be performing during your lunch break, here is a calendar listing all of the performances.
Event Dates – Every Monday, May 4 – August 31, from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. on the Fountain Plaza Stage
- Silver Spring Blues Festival – This free, block party-style blues festival is bringing the noise with two outdoor stages, vendors, crafts and plenty of space for guests to sit down and enjoy the music with a cold beverage and great food. To build your excitement even more, here is the complete list of performances.
Event Date – Saturday, June 17, from 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
It’s time you amp up your active lifestyle, starting with a tour of ROSS’ Silver Spring apartments for rent – because there’s no better place to live than a community that’s full of life.