Next Stop: Winter Wonderland
January 7, 2016
Have you ever stopped to think about the phrase winter wonderland? How could a season that brings shorter days and frigid cold nights yield a wonderland?
Simple…IF the season is spent in an area that offers a variety of wondrous attractions for the residents of ROSS’ Silver Spring apartments for rent to discover and enjoy.
Before your 2016 calendars fill up, discover the true meaning of “winter wonderland” by planning a trip to these three thrilling stops:
The Silver Spring B&O Railroad Station – Located at 8100 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD20910
- Know Before You Go: Be sure to plan this FREE trip accordingly as open houses at the Silver Spring B&O Railroad Station are only available the first Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Previously Magical Experience: “Take your kids here! In the winter, it has beautiful light in the roundhouse and keeps your kids fascinated for hours. There is so much for them to explore and in a way that is comfortable for parents. They have a snack bar or you can bring a picnic lunch. This is especially great for the 5-10 year old children.” – Boudicca2015
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History – Located at the intersection of 10th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20560
- Know Before You Go: The best way to avoid paying for parking is by hopping on the Red Line at the Silver Spring Metro station, riding for nine stops to the Metro Center station, where it’s a short walk – and you’re there! Great kid-friendly attractions you won’t want to miss include a hall full of DINOSAURS!! (Well…dinosaur fossils, anyway, but still…)
- Previously Magical Experience: “We are so lucky to have such an amazing museum accessible, and for free! What a fantastic place for any age. So much to see and learn. And it’s so massive that even the busiest days are still manageable. Go, over and over again!!” – Susan L.
Regal Majestic Stadium 20 & IMAX – Located at 900 Ellsworth Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Know Before You Go: This theatre is currently showing “Star Wars: the Force Awakens, An IMAX 3D Experience” (for the residents of ROSS’ Silver Spring apartments who are 13 or older), in addition to a number of other blockbuster hits!
- Previously Magical Experience: “Feeling a little Regal™ tonight? Head on over to the wondrous Regal Majestic Stadium 20. TWENTY theaters. Epic size. IMAX. What more could you want? The other great thing about this theater is the area around it. This is a very cool shopping/eating area and is an incredibly fantastic place for a dine/movie date night.” – Ben Y.
Don’t limit your wonderland to simply one season. Discover the wonders that this neighborhood has to offer the residents of ROSS’ Silver Spring apartments for rent all year ’round by taking your tour today!