Go the Navy Mile
October 1, 2015
Lace up the ol’ running shoes, residents of ROSS’ off-base military housing, you have one mile to run!
This Sunday, October 4, USAA presents the Navy Mile, which is “an exciting one mile race on historic Pennsylvania Avenue celebrating the Sea Services.”
To guarantee that all of our residents are ready for the race, here are five things you need to know before you go:
- The course starts in front of the Navy Memorial and heads towards the Capitol. It then loops around 3rd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue before heading straight back to the finish line. If you need a visual, feel free to watch a video of the course.
- Participants are able to pick up their packets either Saturday, October 3, from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Potomac River Running in Tysons Corner; or Race Day, Sunday, October 4, from 7:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. at 960 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW.
- Heats of different age groups start off at different times, so be sure to check the schedule of heats before you head to the starting line so you don’t end up in the wrong one!
- All registered participants will receive an Under Armour UA Tech™ T-shirt that features the Navy Mile logo.
- Over 190 cash prizes will be awarded at the end of this race, so be sure to bring your “A” game!
If you haven’t yet, be sure to register today for this spectacular family-friendly event that celebrates our Sea Services.
At ROSS, the love and support for our country’s armed troops is expressed not just this one day but each and every day of the year, through the variety of discounts we offer our military members. Take a tour of ROSS’ off-base military housing and discover a community that truly cares about you and your family.