Five Ways to Spoil Your Family
August 23, 2016
We’ve told you about many family-friendly activities before, but have we really told you about the wonders of National Harbor?
This landmark is relatively new to the metro DC scene – just a short drive from ROSS’ affordable apartments for rent – and is doing a spectacular job of providing an appealing selection of fun and engaging events the entire family will enjoy!
Experience the wonder for yourselves by checking out these five National Harbor activities, perfect for the families of ROSS’ affordable apartments:
- Family Movies on the Potomac
- Turn off the TV this Sunday and take in some real big-screen viewing with FREE family-friendly films at National Harbor. Then, if you’re looking for date night ideas, there’s also a Date Night Movie series that occurs every Thursday night. Take a look at the full schedule for both events to guarantee you’re heading to the showing of a movie you love!
- Time: Sundays at 6:00 p.m., through September 25; Thursdays at 7:00 p.m., through September 29.
- Family Fitness by No Excuse Workout
- This FREE class is a fun and engaging way to get the kiddos tuckered out enough for nap-time!
- Time: Every Wednesday from 10:00 – 10:30 a.m., through September 28.
- Family Fun
- “Participate in FREE community activities involving the Prince George’s Police & Fire Departments and Urban Pirates! Follow up the fun with a ride on the Carousel, opening at 11:00 a.m.!”
- Time: Every Wednesday from 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. (immediately following Family Fitness by No Excuse Workout), through September 28.
- Yappy Hour
- This FREE event is the perfect opportunity for you to spoil the furry members of your family with a few doggie treats. Plus, a chance to spoil yourself with a few deals, too, as guests receive $1 off any glass of wine!
- Time: Every Tuesday through September 27, from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. on The Tasting Room’s patio.
- Salute the Sunset Concert Series Presented by DARCARS
- Spend your Saturday evening with the family at this FREE event, enjoying the beautiful weather and “world-class performances by bands from the nation’s Armed Forces at National Harbor [that] will stir the hearts and souls of civilians and military personnel alike, while their tuneful stylings in a variety of genres please music lovers of all ages.”
- Time: Every Saturday night through September 24, starting at 7:00 p.m.
Whether you’re trying these events for the first time or they’re a recurring appointment on your calendar, we highly recommend getting out there and enjoying them a few more times with the family before your opportunity is gone.
Speaking of opportunity, don’t limit your family’s good times to just once or twice a week; not when you can spoil them with the constant joy of living in an exceptional apartment community. Discover your perfect community by taking a tour of ROSS’ affordable apartments in metro DC today.