Every Play Counts at ROSS’ Military Apartments
September 18, 2015
Now that both the NFL and NCAA football seasons have officially begun, we can assume that residents of ROSS’ apartments with military discounts will be dedicating their Saturdays, Sundays or BOTH, cheering on their favorite teams.
We made a list of the Four FANtastic DC-area sports bars that offer the perfect atmosphere for watching the big game.
- The Pitch Tavern
- Game Day Grub – “The Pitch Tavern offers classic ‘game day’ fare including savory hamburgers, wings, and sausage and peppers, but also provides such palate pleasing selections as Southern fried chicken, shrimp curry, and a New York sirloin cooked to order.”
- Location – An easy six-minute walk from the Georgia Ave-Petworth Metro station, at 4015 Georgia Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20011.
- Ventnor Sports Cafe
- Game Day Grub – “I’m not trying to say that this was the best burger I’ve ever tasted in my life, but seeing as I can’t recall a better tasting one, that just might be the case here.” – Sundi M.
- Location – Less than a mile from the Woodley Park Metro station, at 2411 18th St., NW, Washington, DC 20009.
- Ramparts Tavern & Grill
- Game Day Grub – “Beyond delicious! My dad and I were looking for a wing place but found so much more! We started with wings, we got hot sauce with the Cajun dry rub sprinkled over them. Absolutely to die for! They came out hot and so flavorful. We then got burgers because it was Monday and it’s half price burgers on Monday. They are huge burgers! An inch thick cooked perfectly with so many options for sides! We were more than pleased with the food and the service was just as good! Oh and the desserts! So delicious. Everything. Great!” – Allegra W.
- Location – This hidden gem is located just off of I-395 at 1700 Fern St., Alexandria, VA 22302.
- Halftime Sports Bar & Grill
- Game Day Grub – “Great drinks and amazing food with two bars on two levels. Home of the best wings in the city! The place where you want to be with the game tied and seconds on the clock.”
- Location – It may be an eight-minute walk from the NoMa-Gallaudet U Metro stop, at 1427 H Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002, but it’s well worth the trip!
Some may say there are better things to do over the weekend than spending four hours watching a football game. We say, go for it! You work hard all week and deserve to spend the free time your weekends provide, in the perfect game day atmosphere, cheering your heart out.
We also think you deserve to spend your free time during the workweek enjoying an exceptional apartment community that offers military members a variety of discounts. You’re already on a winning team, so make the winning play: take a tour of ROSS’ apartments with military discounts today.