Embracing Fall Before the Snow and the Temperatures Fall
November 16, 2015
Fall is the last season of the year where the weather remains enjoyable. When winter starts to roll around, curling up in front of the fire with a warm cup of cocoa trumps any plans that involve going outside.
Since we all know that is too true, we say, “Get outside and enjoy as many fall-inspired activities as your class schedule allows, before it’s too late!”
One of the best fall activities near ROSS’ apartments for rent for college students, is wine tasting! With the bountiful amount of wineries throughout the surrounding Maryland and Virginia areas that comprise the DC metro area, wine tasting could go on for weeks.
Since winter is creeping up faster than you realize, we’ve made a list of Five Wonderful Wineries you must visit this fall:
- Doukenie Winery
- Location: 14727 Mountain Road, Purcellville, VA 20132
- Distinctive Draw: “Voted ‘Favorite Tasting Room in Virginia’ by The Official Virginia Wine Lover’s 2013 and 2014 Visitor’s Choice Award, Doukenie Winery is located near Blue Ridge. Offering a wide variety of white, red and dessert wines, Doukenie truly is the winery that has something for even the pickiest wine drinker.”
- The Winery at Olney
- Location: 18127 Town Center Drive, Olney, MD 20832
- Distinctive Review: “I love this place! They have great red and white selections to choose from. I’m partial to reds and the Tempranillo is wonderful. You get to choose any five wines with your tasting. My friend and I each chose different ones and sampled each other’s wine so that way we tried 10. The servers are super sweet and generous with their pours.” – Moni F
- Fabbioli Cellars
- Location: 15669 Limestone School Road, Leesburg, VA 20176
- Distinctive Draw: This location is perfect for all of our pet-friendly apartments for rent! “Tasters are presented with a gourmet nibble to accompany seven wines. They’re known for their raspberry merlot, which is said to inspire amorous relations.”
- Sonoma Cellar
- Location: 207 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Distinctive Draw: “Sonoma Cellar, LLC is an on/off-premise wine-tasting room located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, owned by Rick and Elizabeth Myllenbeck. This unique wine-tasting room leverages the historic, pre-revolutionary provenance of the locale, while providing a traditional and unique wine-tasting experience found in Sonoma County California wineries.”
- Bluemont Vineyard
- Location: 18755 Foggy Bottom Road, Bluemont, Virginia 20135
- Distinctive Appeal: “Bluemont Vineyard strives to offer you a truly unique and relaxing experience. We have carefully considered your comfort and needs while visiting and offer a number of accommodations to ensure your enjoyment.”
Whether you took the hour drive out to Bluemont or went down the street to Sonoma Cellar; after spending the day with friends exploring some of the best wineries in the area, make sure you’re heading home to the best apartment community in the area by taking a tour of ROSS’ apartments for college students today!