The Ball Is Kicked and…BO-O-O-O-O-O-O-OWL!
December 1, 2015
With rivalry weekend behind us, NCAA college football is making its way into bowl game season. Whether you’re rooting for your favorite team to win or simply enjoy the championship atmosphere, this time of year proves to be exciting for everyone!
For the residents of ROSS’ college apartments for rent, the pinnacle of excitement during bowl game season can be found at one of five fantastically fanatic sports bars.
- The Living Room – We guarantee it’s the one place “where everybody knows your name.” Create your own menu, enjoy your favorite drinks – on the house – and never fight for the best seat in the house or stand in line for the rest room, because when you stay in and watch the bowl game at your ROSS college student apartment for rent, you drive your very own game day experience.
- RFD – Offering over 300 bottles of the world’s finest beer; a tap list that was proclaimed by the Washington City Paper as the “Best Draft Beer Selection” in all of DC; and just across the street from the Red Line’s Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro station, RFD’s attributes easily earn it a spot on our list as one of the best places to watch a bowl game.
- Hard Times Cafe – On game day, when you get off at the Blue Line’s King St-Old Town Metro station, take a six-minute walk toward the brown 1950’s pickup truck and that’s when you’ll know you’re there. Another key indicator that you’ve found the perfect game-day atmosphere is the swarm of people on the first and second levels, chowing down on award-winning chili, throwing back a few refreshing brews and watching the game on any of the many flat-screen TV’s throughout the restaurant.
- The Pug – Although it requires you to take a bus/cab from the Red Line’s NoMa-Gallaudet U Metro station to H Street, The Pug’s cheap drinks, friendly staff and flat-screen TV’s are sure to bring you back to your college days, by providing everything you could ever want from a sports bar, then and now.
And for our Richmond college student apartments…
- Home Team Grill – Voted Best Sports Bar in Town, Home Team Grill encourages all sports fanatics to “Come watch the game, enjoy dinner with the family, or relax with friends after work – Home Team Grill is a great place to gather any time of the day. Home Team Grill offers many deliciously prepared items such as homemade soups, fresh salads, our famous burgers, sandwiches, wraps and entrees. We have a comfortable bar area that offers a variety of beers and a full selection of wine and spirits.”
The best place to cheer for a bowl game is the place that makes you feel the most at home. You’re sure to find that place near ROSS’ college student housing, so put on your school colors and take a tour today!