(Silver) Spring at The Fillmore
April 5, 2016
Silver Spring is home to one of the area’s most iconic music venues, The Fillmore.
Whether you’re a veteran of ROSS’ apartments in Silver Spring and have been going to shows at The Fillmore for years; or you’re one of our newest residents, still trying to get a feel for all of the hotspots, we thought this brief 411 will serve as a benefit to all.
What: “The Fillmore Silver Spring brings a dynamic, first-class music, entertainment, and community use venue to downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, in partnership with Montgomery County. For more than 40 years, the legendary Fillmore name has stood as the link between some of the most influential artists in music and their fans. With a capacity of 2,000, the newest Fillmore offers an array of diverse live music programming.”
Where: “Located in the heart of Downtown Silver Spring [8656 Colesville Road,
Silver Spring, MD 20910], the Fillmore joins the American Film Institute and Discovery Communications as cornerstones of the neighborhood’s exciting, up-and-coming arts and entertainment district.”
Why: Major headliners you won’t want to miss this spring:
- Tech N9ne’s Independent Powerhouse Tour 2016
- Thursday, April 14 at 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Jailbreak Brewing Party with Dirty Heads and special guest RDGLDGRN
- Friday, April 29 at 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 5 at 8:00 p.m.
- Santigold – We Buy Gold Tour
- Friday, May 6 at 9:00 p.m.
- Bring Me The Horizon
- Monday, May 9 at 7:00 p.m.
- A Day To Remember – Just Some Shows
- Thursday, May 12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Fillmore Flashback: 80’s vs 90’s Dance Party featuring Biz Markie
- Saturday, May 21 at 8:00 p.m.
- The Tree House School of Music
- Sunday, June 12 at 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 29 at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 23 at 8:15 p.m.
How: After reading through the spring’s spectacular line-up, the only question remaining is, “How am I going to get there?” For the residents of ROSS’ apartments in downtown Silver Spring, it’s a simple four-minute walk from door to door; for the residents of Spring Parc, it’s only a $10 UBER ride into the city – easy enough for everyone!
Rock out this spring at a legendary Silver Spring venue, then head home to a place that’s legendary for delivering a superior, award-winning performance, every time: ROSS’ Silver Spring, MD, apartments.