Cold Weather Does NOT Mean Frozen Calendars
December 28, 2015
Many times, people associate winter months with little more than staying inside and avoiding the cold.
To the residents of ROSS’ apartments in Hyattsville, MD, we say, BREAK THE CYCLE! Get outside and embrace the joys of the winter months at one of these great heart-warming, smile-educing locations!
Movin’ with the Mayor: Tai Chi with Dancing in Silence
- “To encourage health, wellness and physical activity among residents, Mayor Candace Hollingsworth and many local businesses have partnered to offer free introductory-level classes to all residents. Each month, one class will be offered as specified below. We hope that you will join the Mayor at some or all of the classes. To RSVP, or for more information, please contact Ellarose Preston at 301-985-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Location: The City Municipal Building at 4310 Gallatin Street, Hyattsville, MD
Herbert Wells Ice Rink
- The Herbert Wells Ice Rink is open from October to April and offers: standard NHL-size ice arena; programs for all skating levels; useful amenities including a warming hut with fireplace and a party room available for rental; and the opportunity to join a league.
- Location: 5211 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD (OK, so it’s not actually in Hyattsville…but it IS a mere 10-minute drive or five-minute Metro ride away!)
Vigilante Coffee – The Roastery
- “I love this place. Like, serious fangirl love. The coffee is delicious. The staff is great, always friendly. And knowledgeable. The pastries/bagels are ON POINT. So yummy. The rewards program is great (I love a good loyalty program). The community that this shop has built is unbeatable. Hyattsville needed this and I think we citizens show it on the daily by showing up repeatedly. I’ve been to Vigilante at least once a week since it opened. Usually more than once a week. I seriously love EVERYTHING about this place. I feel like I need to send a thank you note to Chris (the owner) for bringing such a fantastic place to my ‘hood.” – Krissi H.
- Location: 4327 Gallatin Street, Hyattsville, MD
Residents can spend their time mastering Tai Chi with the family, embracing their inner Nancy Kerrigan/pro hockey legend or simply catching up with old friends over a cup of coffee – but they will all have one fantastic attribute that’s sure to brighten each frosty winter’s day: being a part of ROSS’ warm and welcoming community of apartments in Hyattsville, MD!