Resolutions You Can Actually Keep
January 27, 2016
New Year’s resolutions are a tricky game we play with ourselves.
At the beginning of each year we are metaphorically presented with a clean slate, to which we etch in life-altering promises for the year to come. Promises made in high hopes that often require several sacrificed hours weekly, in order to maintain them.
Once we get back from our winter break and life hits us in the face again, these ambitious commitments tend to whittle down to empty promises.
Good news for the residents of ROSS’ apartments in Greenbelt, (and everyone else taking their time, formulating the perfect resolution): it’s never too late to make a New Year’s resolution!
Go ahead and break the nasty cycle of ambitious promises and commit yourself to one of these four simple New Year’s resolutions that will leave you feeling accomplished at the end of every day!
- At the end of the day, say three great things that happened to you.
- By taking a moment at the end of each day to reflect on the positives, it helps divert your attention from all of the stressful/hectic/terrible moments and spend your energy focusing on the great ones.
- Cook at home more often.
- The fully equipped kitchens in ROSS’ Greenbelt apartments for rent offer an ample amount of counter space, making meal prep enjoyable. Abuse your luxury and make a goal to cook one more meal at home per week. We’re sure your bank account will be thanking you in a few months’ time!
- Make your bed every morning.
- A feature on Lifehack explains the positive effects of making your bed each morning, and how a small three to five minute task can have a drastic impact on your life.
- Save more energy this year.
- Simple tasks like turning off the TV when you leave a room or replacing your incandescent light bulbs with CFLs can help drastically cut the energy use in your Greenbelt apartment.
Make it easy to commit to a New Year’s resolution by living in a community that’s committed to making it easier than ever to become the best version of you. Begin your resolutionary year by taking a tour of ROSS’ apartments in Greenbelt today!