Feel the Warmth in Alexandria
February 26, 2016
One thing that everyone can guarantee from the crispness of winter is that the weather provides us with the perfect excuse to enjoy copious amounts of warm, savory soup.
To help the residents of ROSS’ apartments in Alexandria, VA, narrow down their soup selection, we suggest one (or all!) of these six simple soup recipes:
- Spicy Chicken and Hominy Soup
- Ingredients Include: onion, celery stalks, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, low-sodium chicken broth, shredded rotisserie chicken, hominy, chipotles in adobo, tortilla strips and fresh salsa.
- Mushroom Barley Soup
- Ingredients Include: olive oil, mushrooms, carrots, garlic cloves, fresh thyme, kosher salt and black pepper, low-sodium vegetable broth, pearl barley and flat-leaf parsley.
- White Bean and Escarole Soup With Chicken Sausage
- Ingredients Include: chicken sausage, olive oil, garlic cloves, low-sodium chicken broth, cannellini beans, escarole, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Tomato Soup With Parmesan and Croutons
- Ingredients Include: onions, olive oil, kosher salt, whole peeled tomatoes, low-sodium chicken broth, dried oregano, croutons and parmesan.
- Split Pea Soup With Chorizo
- Ingredients Include: cured chorizo, olive oil, onion, low-sodium chicken broth, split peas, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Asian Noodle Soup With Shrimp
- Ingredients Included: low-sodium chicken broth, red jalapeño, soy sauce, Napa cabbage, wonton wrappers, shrimp, snow peas, rice vinegar and basil leaves.
Keep your family warm this winter from the inside out by living in a home that offers a cozy community atmosphere. Discover this perfect home by taking a tour of ROSS’ apartments in Alexandria, VA, today!