The 411 on Getting Through Finals
December 9, 2015
You knew it was coming all semester…and now that dreaded moment is finally here – FINALS!
There’s a world of different methods to make studying a little less overwhelming that students can choose from. To simplify the process during this hectic time for college students residing at ROSS’ affordable apartments, just follow these few simple study rules: stay calm, stay confident and remember that coffee is a magical thing.
We can’t do much about the first two but here are the top five places students can go to get their caffeine fix during finals:
- Grounded Coffee Shop
- Located in The Shops at Telegraph Village, 6919 Telegraph Rd. in Alexandria, VA.
“This is by far my favorite coffee shop! The coffee is great and the pastries taste as good as they look! The atmosphere is warm and inviting and everyone makes you feel welcome. When I go to Grounded I always leave with a smile!”” – Lisa M.
- The Board and Brew
- Located three doors down from your favorite post-exams celebration spot – Looney’s Pub – at 8150 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD.
“While it’s the gaming that sets them apart, one should not overlook the coffee here, which is fantastic – this is easily the best place to get coffee within walking distance of the university. I had a delicious cappuccino with nice, creamy foam (and good latte art). As others have noted, they are supplied by Vigilante Coffee down the road in Hyattsville.” – David E.
- Kaldi’s Social House
- Don’t always judge a book by its cover. This social house, located at 918 Silver Spring Ave., is just a 10-minute walk from the Metro Red Line’s Silver Spring station and is serving the most delicious gourmet brews and pastries in Silver Spring!
“This is definitely a coffee shop with an awesome vibe and great coffee made by friendly staffs! I would recommend this place to anyone who is planning to hang out for coffee, get some work done, or just a quick grab and go. I’m so lucky that I live about a 3-minute walking distance from it. You will not regret coming here!” – Jimmy W.
- La Colombe
- Located across the street from Milian Park on 900 6th St., NW, Washington, DC.
“Amazing ambiance, phenomenal single origin roasts, and knowledgeable baristas. I cannot ask for anything more as a coffee aficionado.” – Jeff A.
- Stylin’ Kitchens
- This pet-friendly caffeine headquarters is open 24/7 AND is located about three steps from your comfy, break-time, living room couch in any of ROSS’ apartments for rent near colleges!
“Live on-campus when there are apartments like these available? You’re kidding, right?” – Anders N.
Whether you’re preparing for your first exam of the academic year or cramming in those final moments of study time for your last final before winter break officially begins, each of these places provides the perfect pick-me-up for hard-core studying.
When you’re finished acing your exams, join a community that ALWAYS earns an A++ in residents’ hearts, by taking a tour of ROSS’ apartments near college areas today!