Don’t Be Afraid to Spice Things Up
April 5, 2016
With winter comes the instinctive urge to hibernate. Often staying in, bundled up on the couch, easily outweighs the alternative: actually leaving your spacious apartment in Hyattsville to be social.
However, now that it’s officially spring, it’s time to shake that nasty winter chill by meeting up with family and friends at one of these four feisty, fan-favorite, family-friendly Mexican restaurants:
- Taqueria La Placita
- “Hands down the best taco place on the area. Delicious tacos, charming decor, and friendly service. And the sauces are actually spicy for once! Can’t wait to come back here.” – Sana J.
- Location: 5020 Edmonston Rd., Hyattsville, MD 20781
- Tacos 5 De Mayo
- “Don’t let this place fool you. It is a hidden gem. I have had a share of dishes & I must say the creamed shrimps (camarones encremado) are on point! I am pleased to know they clean their shrimps appropriately!!! The tacos are never a fail. The horchata & fruit salad juice (jugo ensalada de fruta) are on point! I highly recommend you to be the judge yourself.” – Jackie O.
- Location: 7201 Annapolis Rd., Hyattsville, MD 20784
- La Fondita
- “The food is delicious, and authentic, to the best of my knowledge. The sauces all taste home made, and not canned. Every meal comes with a set of small jars filled with hot and spicy chiles and sauces. As a vegetarian, I usually have a few stock meal options at every ethnic restaurant. Here, I was surprised to find many different vegetarian options tucked into the menu, like enchiladas in a mole sauce and stuffed with zucchini flowers. The waitress was very accommodating and willing to mix and match some ingredients to suit my dietary restrictions. My meat loving boyfriend swears by the tacos al pastor, and they are his stand by [sic] order.” – Hima P.
- Location: 4901 Decatur St., Hyattsville, MD 20781
- Taqueria El Mexicano
- “Excellent Mexican food. My wife is from Mexico and we know what real Mexican food is. We were so happy with this place. The tacos (barbacoa, al pastor, lengua, and carnita) were great. Also had the pork pozole. The pozole was rich in flavor and very meaty. This can be a meal in itself.” – Bob K.
- Location: 7811 Riggs Rd., Hyattsville, MD 20783
Author’s Note: Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, so be sure to keep these zesty restaurants in mind!
Now that the constraints of snow and ice and couch-bundling are behind us, it’s time to find an award-winning community that will add spice to your life. Here’s a hot tip to help you: start your search with a tour of ROSS’ apartments for rent in Hyattsville today!