The Best Way to Spread Holiday Cheer
December 15, 2015
In case the holiday parades, an influx of cheesy holiday-themed commercials or the excitement that accompanies a family celebration weren’t enough of an indicator, we’re here to remind you that the holiday season is indeed shining brightly in all of its glory.
Although this time of year does bring some nagging pains, primarily the exponential increase in the volume of traffic in mall parking lots, there are many centuries’ worth of jolly ways to celebrate the joys of the holiday season!
Here are five heart-warming, family-fun ways the residents of ROSS’ affordable living apartments can immerse themselves in the magic of the season:
- Hot Chocolate and Movie Night With the Family
- One night have your family put on their comfiest pajamas, stir up a few mugs of rich hot chocolate, pop in your family’s favorite movie and curl up on the couch as you enjoy a relaxing evening.
- Season’s Greenings at the U.S. Botanic Garden
- “During the holiday season, the U.S. Botanic Garden presents ‘Season’s Greenings”, a [FREE] unique exhibit featuring model trains and incredible replicas of Washington, DC’s most famous buildings and monuments. Each year there is a new theme with additional models. For 2015, the theme is ‘Pollination Station,’ with oversized flowers, bees and butterflies [that] surround you as you walk through the scenic wonderland.”
- The Great Christmas Light Hunt
- Since holiday lights have evolved into an art form, it has become wayyy more fun to venture around to different neighborhoods admiring festive masterpieces.
- “ZooLights at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, is a [FREE] winter holiday event that is sure to be fun for the whole family. The National Zoo presents a display of thousands of sparkling lights featuring sculptures of many of the Zoo’s most popular animals, including giant pandas, Asian elephants, gibbons, a sea lion, an octopus and a Komodo dragon. Visitors at ZooLights will enjoy winter-themed activities, a laser light show, musical performances, train rides, tubing and animal exhibits.”
- A Night Filled With Love – and Cookies
- Nothing spreads the holiday cheer more than the aroma of fresh-baked cookies. Fill your fully equipped kitchen with the scent of love this holiday season by gathering the family and baking a few of your favorite cookie recipes. If you haven’t any favorites in mind, try a few of Real Simple’s Best Holiday Cookie Recipes!
Now that the holiday bug has bitten you, bring your cheer full circle by decorating your home at ROSS’ affordable living apartments for the holidays.