It’s All About That Flavor
November 25, 2015
This week, the residents of ROSS’ affordable apartment rentals will be enjoying a delicious meal filled with stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and, most importantly, turkey. One of the best things about Thanksgiving dinner, aside from the time spent with family and friends, is that there’s usually a ton of leftovers.
We won’t lie, the thought of eating the same meal four or five days in a row can sound dreadful – but it doesn’t have to be.
When you add a little flavor and manipulate your Thanksgiving dinner ingredients with these five finger-licking recipes, dinnertime at ROSS’ affordable housing apartments will be filled with the sounds of families happily gobbling down their Thanksgiving leftovers for days after the holiday’s over!
- Turkey and Mashed Potato Pot Pies
- Leftovers Needed: turkey and mashed potatoes, of course!
- Best Time to Eat It: anytime you pass by the fridge and happen to have a fork in your hand
- Cranberry Tartlets
- Leftovers Needed: cranberry sauce
- Best Time to Eat It: as a small morning snack or for dessert on days of the week that end in a “y”
- Curried Turkey Casserole
- Leftovers Needed: turkey, broccoli and dinner rolls
- Best Time to Eat It: dinner
- Turkey Chili with Cheesy Cornbread Topping
- Leftovers Needed: turkey, gravy and cornbread
- Best Time to Eat It: at a pre-game tailgate or at halftime if you’re watching at home
- Thanksgiving Leftover Shepherd’s Pie
- Leftovers Needed: turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, carrots, gravy and mashed potatoes
- Best Time to Eat It: for a hot ‘n hearty lunch
This Thanksgiving, enjoy everything you love most: the over-consumption of delicious food, spending time catching up with friends and family, and waking up from dreaming about leftovers during the L-tryptophan-induced nap you look forward to each year.
Next Thanksgiving, plan on enjoying all that even more in an apartment that feels even more like home – the one you’ll discover by taking a tour of ROSS’ affordable living apartments today.