Hyattsville: Let’s Have Some Summer Fun!
July 7, 2015
It’s no secret that Hyattsville is a welcoming neighborhood with a strong community, making it such a great place to live. It’s also not a secret that they have a rock-star events calendar, filled with awesome opportunities to have fun. However, if these community events are not prioritized, they can be overlooked.
To help prioritize your agenda-making process and ensure that you have the max amount of summer fun, here are the top eight activities that ROSS’ apartments in Hyattsville recommend you HAVE TO DO before the end of summer.
- Go for a dip.
- Rock out at a Summer Jam Series performance.
- Performances are held on Friday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the second Friday of each month through September at the Municipal Building – 4310 Gallatin Street. All of Hyattsville’s residents and friends are welcome to this free event!
- Spend a day at Magruder Park.
- With all of the wondrous things available to guests of Magruder Park, a visit there will be fun for the whole family—’nuff said!
- Go shopping at the Hyattsville Farmers Market.
- This local market has made some sure-to-please changes since last year. These upgrades include: a new corner location on East West Highway and Queens Chapel Road; the option of free transportation (upon request) to and from the market; and a slew of new vendors ready to supply the residents of Hyattsville with delicious and nutritious produce.
- Applaud a Shakespeare in the Park performance.
- On Friday, July 24, Magruder Park will host the Prince George’s Summer Shakespeare Festival’s production of Romeo and Juliet. “Families are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and a picnic dinner to Magruder Park to enjoy a free evening of Shakespeare!”
- Take your dog for a long, memorable walk.
- Whether you spend the afternoon teaching your dog tricks at the Heurich Dog Park or take the more adventurous route and go for a long walk on the Anacostia River Trail, dedicate an afternoon this summer to getting your dog out of your pet-friendly apartment!
- Befriend a police officer.
- This August, Hyattsville will host a National Night Out Against Crime – an event that “connect[s] neighbors and promote[s] police-community partnerships.” The evening is filled with a plethora of family-fun events including: music, performances, meets and greets, a bike safety course, demonstrations and “concludes with a Take Back the Night walk through the neighborhood.”
- Explore the Gateway Arts District corridor.
- Exploration options include: public murals, mosaics, performances, classes, parks and playgrounds, bars, café, restaurants and shows. With its variety of opportunities, there’s an adventure for everyone waiting at the Gateway Arts District.
Discover a place that helps residents prioritizes their free-time agendas AND understands the meaning of a community by taking a tour of ROSS’ Hyattsville, Maryland, apartments.