Think It. Bike It!
April 5, 2016
Have you ever been sitting in DC traffic and thought to yourself, “Geez I could bike there faster!”
Well, now the residents of ROSS’ apartments for rent in College Park can!
On Friday, May 20, Commuter Connections and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association are hosting their annual Bike to Work Day! “Celebrate bicycling as a clean, fun, and healthy way to get to work. Attend one of 83 pit stops in DC, MD, and VA to receive refreshments, and be entered into a raffle for bicycles being given away.”
Fortunately for the residents of ROSS’ College Park apartments for rent, there are three pit stops to register at in our area!
- College Park – City Hall/University of Maryland
- Location: College Park City Hall at 4500 Knox Road and Route 1
- Open from 6:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- University of Maryland
- Location: Front of Regents Drive parking garage (on lawn near shuttle drop-off point) at 8056 Regents Drive, College Park, MD 20742
- Open from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- College Park – Metro
- Location: Metro’s Bike & Ride Station,facing River Road and Paint Branch Parkway at 4931 Calvert Road, College Park, MD 20740
- Open from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
NOTE: Registration is FREE and is used to determine a list of who is eligible to pick up their FREE t-shirt at the respective pit stop.
Although we know that for some of our residents biking to work is an impossible feat, we encourage you to hop on the bandwagon and celebrate biking on this beautiful day. Here are some great College Park trails you can head to:
- College Park Trolley Trail Line
- Indian Creek Trail
- Lake Artemesia Trail
- Northeast Branch Trail
- Paint Branch Trail
The best part about knowing this trek is on the horizon, is that you now have enough time for training! So, properly prepare yourself for the big day by living in a community that provides quick and easy access to everything you need. Discover this award-winning community by taking a tour of ROSS’ apartments in College Park, Maryland, today!